We’re sure that all of us have come across beautiful photos on Instagram that we would love to save to our devices and send them to friends and family members. However, short of sharing the link to the actual Instagram post, there is no official way to download or save an Instagram photo or video.
However, the good news is that if you’d like to learn how to do that, you’re in luck because there are actually a few different ways that you can go about doing it, ranging from the quick and easy method that will not involve any third-party apps, or more comprehensive methods that might need you to use third-party services.
How To Download Instagram Photos (Easy)
The easiest way to save an Instagram photo on your device is to screenshot it. While this might not necessarily give you a particularly high resolution image that you’re after, it should be good enough for reference purposes or if you’re just trying to share an image.
- Take a screenshot of the Instagram photo you’re trying to save
- If you’d like to clean up the image a bit, you can crop the image to get rid of the text and other bits of information on the screen
- Once that’s done, you’re good to go and the image has been saved!
In case the screenshot method isn’t good enough for you and you want high quality image files or videos, then you’ll need to turn to third-party services. If you’re still trying to avoid downloading third-party apps, this method could be of interest to you as all you’ll need is to use a website.
- Launch Instagram
- Go to the image you want to save
- Tap the three dots icon to the top right corner of the image
- Tap Copy Link
- Go to DownloadGram’s website
- Paste the Instagram link into the text box and tap Download
- Tap Download Image
- You will get a popup window asking if you want to download the image to your device. On iOS, you might need to click “View” instead of Download