Apart from the Connect 5-in-1 Thunderbolt 4 Hub, Belkin is also hopping on the Qi2 wireless charging train with two new products unveiled at the IFA 2023 tech show in Berlin. First, we have the BoostCharge Convertible Qi2 Wireless Pad to Stand (yes, quite a mouthful), which can function both as a regular Qi pad and as a stand for your phone — By the way, it’s Compatible with the new StandBy feature from iOS 17 on iPhones:
Then there’s the BoostCharge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad with Qi2, equipped with two wireless charging pads (one at 15W and another at 5W) and a USB-C port for charging a third device, such as an Apple Watch, using an optional dongle.
Embracing the Qi2 Standard
Qi2, introduced earlier this year at CES, is an upgraded version of Qi wireless charging that incorporates magnets similar to Apple’s MagSafe standard. Since Belkin has already released several MagSafe chargers, it’s not surprising that they are embracing Qi2.
While Belkin’s press release mentions that these Qi2 chargers are “MagSafe-compatible” (usually indicating 7.5W charging for MagSafe-equipped iPhones), Belkin clarifies that these new chargers will deliver the full 15W power to MagSafe iPhones and any other Qi2-compatible device.
Belkin is introducing several other accessories alongside these Qi2 chargers. There’s the BoostCharge Pro Universal Easy Align Wireless Charging Pad 15W, a charging pad that can power up Qi-enabled devices at up to 15W (without Qi2).
For those who prefer wired charging, Belkin’s BoostCharge Pro 140W 4-Port GaN Wall Charger offers three USB-C ports and one USB-A port.
Additionally, they are introducing a unique “hybrid” charger, the BoostCharge Hybrid Wall Charger 25W + Power Bank 5K, which serves as both a wall charger and a power bank with one USB-A and one USB-C port.
Availability and Price
Belkin’s new accessories are rolling out in the coming months:
- The BoostCharge Pro Universal Easy Align Wireless Charging Pad 15W is priced at $39.99 (£29.99) and is available for order now.
- The BoostCharge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad with Qi2 will retail at $129.99 (£119.99) with an included Apple Watch charging USB-C dongle (available “later this year”) and $79.99 (£69.99) without (release date to be confirmed).
- The BoostCharge Convertible Qi2 Wireless Pad to Stand will cost $59.99 (£49.99) and is expected in the first quarter of next year.
- The BoostCharge Pro 140W 4-Port GaN Wall Charger is currently available for $129.99 (£139.99).
- The BoostCharge Hybrid Wall Charger 25W + Power Bank 5K, priced at $59.99 (£59.99), will also be available “later this year.”