Chinese manufacturer Realme has just dropped the mic with its latest powerhouse phone, the Realme GT5. This device was unveiled in two different charging versions: One with up to 150W and another one even more mind-blowing, reaching up to 240W — Hold onto your hats because the high-end model rocks an impressive 24GB RAM and 1TB storage, and the interesting thing is that, in fact, it’s not even much pricier than the other less powerful variant.
Versions and Pricing
As we just said, the Realme GT5 comes in two different flavors: 150W and 240W. The 150W version offers memory options of 12/256GB and 16/512GB, setting you back CNY 3,000 or CNY 3,300 respectively ($410/€380/₹34,500 and $450/€420/₹38,000). Now, for the real firepower, the 240W version flaunts 24GB RAM and 1TB storage at CNY 3,800 ($520/$480/₹43,500). Note, the battery capacities differ too: 5,240mAh for 150W and 4,600mAh for 240W.
Blazing Fast Charging
For those always on the go and looking for a fast charging solution, this might be the perfect match, because according to the manufacturer, when the battery is flat on the 240W version, plugging it in and waiting just 80 seconds will give users a solid 20% — And even the 150W version isn’t slacking off; With its larger battery, it can rocket up to 50% in a mere 7 minutes.
SoC, Display, and Camera
Both variants pack a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, with heat managed by a serious 9-layer cooling system and a massive vapor chamber.
The 6.74” AMOLED display is a beauty, rendering colors in vibrant 10-bit and boasting 100% DCI-P3 coverage. With a 1,400 nit peak brightness and a 144Hz refresh rate, gaming and content consumption will be a treat.
The camera lineup is no slouch either, with a 50MP main shooter (Sony IMX890 sensor), an 8MP112° ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro module, and a 16MP selfie camera.
Connectivity and More
Dual-SIM 5G support, four Wi-Fi antennas, Bluetooth 5.3 with audio codec support, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, and a nifty X-axis linear motor for haptic feedback all add up to a premium experience.
- Charging Versions: 150W and 240W
- Memory Configurations and Prices:
- 12GB RAM + 256GB Storage
- 16GB RAM + 512GB Storage
- 24GB RAM + 1TB Storage
- Battery Capacities: 150W (5,240mAh), 240W (4,600mAh)
- Charging Speed:
- 240W: 20% in 80 seconds
- 150W: 50% in 7 minutes
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
- Cooling System: 9-layer with 20,827mm² vapor chamber
- Display: 6.74” AMOLED with 1,240 x 2,772px resolution (20:9), 144Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color, 100% DCI-P3 coverage, 1,400 nit peak brightness, 2,160Hz high frequency PWM dimming
- Main: 50MP (Sony IMX890 sensor, 1/1.56”, f/1.9 aperture, OIS)
- Ultra-wide: 8MP (112°)
- Macro: 2MP
- Selfie: 16MP
- Dual-SIM 5G
- Four Wi-Fi antennas with Wi-Fi 7 support
- Bluetooth 5.3 with aptX HD, LHDC, LDAC, and LC3 audio codecs
- Other Features:
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos
- X-axis linear motor for haptic feedback
- Hi-Res Audio and Dolby certified
- A fingerprint reader on the front with 0.25s reaction time
- Positioning: 3-band GPS (L1+L2+L5)
- Colors: Silver with a mirror finish, Green with a matte finish
Availability and Price
Both versions of the Realme GT5 are available for pre-order in China, with sales kicking off on September 4. Choose wisely between the color Silver (with a mirror finish) and Green (matte).
The phone will be offered, as we said, in two different flavors: 150W and 240W. The 150W version offers memory options of 12/256GB and 16/512GB, setting you back CNY 3,000 or CNY 3,300 respectively ($410/€380/₹34,500 and $450/€420/₹38,000).
Now, for the real firepower, the 240W version flaunts 24GB RAM and 1TB storage at CNY 3,800 ($520/$480/₹43,500). Note, the battery capacities differ too: 5,240mAh for 150W and 4,600mAh for 240W.